Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
The Tennessee Board of Regents or affiliated institution does not discriminate against students, employees, or applicants for admission or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected class with respect to all employment, programs, and activities sponsored by the Tennessee Board of Regents or affiliated institution. https://policies.tbr.edu/system-office-non-discrimination-policy
Please see Special Instructions for more details.Temporary employees at Southwest work 25 hours per week. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and receipt of official college transcripts.
|Title||Temporary Help: Non-Exempt - STCC|
|Position Title||EMT/EMS LaboratoryTechnician|
|Department||STCC-Special Academic Programs (SA)|
Southwest Tennessee Community College is a comprehensive, multicultural, public, open—access college. Southwest began operation on July 1, 2000, through legislation that consolidated Shelby State Community College and State Technical Institute at Memphis. Southwest has 6 campuses/centers from which it offers over 100 programs and over 20 technical certificate programs. We foster student success, transform lives, and increase the educational level of a diverse community in Shelby and Fayette counties. Southwest is a Tennessee Board of Regents institution, accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. We invite you to become a part of the Southwest Team!
• This is a part-time position that assists EMS students in the lab, and clinical areas in the Emergency Medical Services Program.
|Typical Duties and Responsibilities||
• Prepares and delivers assistance with clinical and simulation lab needs to all instructors.
• Assists students with lab skills and practice.
• Maintains current license/certification in profession. Acts as a liaison between Southwest and the Clinical Affiliate.
• Maintains accurate student records for clinical and lab work.
• Attends faculty meetings, college assemblies, orientation activities, and other meetings as called by the President, Dean or Department Chair.
• Keeps abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, participating in professional conferences and checking with instructors for their outlines and updates.
• Participates in departmental and program meetings.
• Provides orientation to the student for the simulation lab.
• Attends practical (clinical site) with the student during the rotation or make random spot checks for student compliance.
• Trains preceptors in accordance with Southwest Paramedic Preceptor Training.
• May perform other duties as assigned by Program Director, Department Head/Dean.
• High School Diploma
Hold current provider certifications in:
• Have a current unencumbered Tennessee Paramedic License
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Work Characteristics||
• Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation.
• Ability to interact with diverse populations.
|Open until Filled||No|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||
Temporary employees at Southwest work 25 hours per week.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and receipt of official college transcripts.
|Type of Appointment||Other|
|Location||Southwest Tennessee Community College (Memphis)|
|Location of Position|
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Do you have a minimum of a high school diploma or GED equivalent?
- No Response
Please select below which best fits your highest level of education:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Some college
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree or higher
Are you currently licensed as a Tennessee EMT-Paramedic, without history of revocation, denial, or suspension of licensure?
- No response
Do you currently have a Tennessee EMT-Paramedic license?
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Unofficial Transcript
- High School Diploma/High School Equivalency
- Additional Document (s)